Agender 👗 Non-Binary Pride
15 Most Recent Posts
- Non-Binary Video Compilation August 11, 2017
- In A Heartbeat, An Animated Short Film July 31, 2017
- More Than Male And Female July 11, 2017
- Commercial reveals what some LGBT individuals go through in Japan July 3, 2017
- When asked their sex, some are going with option ‘X’ – USA Today June 25, 2017
- On Taking The Sting Out of Slurs by Using Them as Empowerment. June 15, 2017
- Non-Binary Genders and Intersex Individuals June 12, 2017
- I Am Genderqueer (And What the #@%! That Means) | ContraPoints June 12, 2017
- Coming Out as Genderqueer June 12, 2017
- 10 Gender Identities Beyond Male and Female June 3, 2017
- Some Great Music Videos About Sexuality & Gender June 2, 2017
- 8 Things Non-Binary People Need to Know May 26, 2017
- The History of Genderqueer May 20, 2017
- Today the 17th of May is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia 2017 #IDAHOT2017 May 17, 2017
- The World Needs Peace – International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia May 17, 2017
JerBear’s Past Posts
- 139,683 hits
Tag Archives: gender roles
I’ve assembled some music videos about gender identity, norms and roles as well as music videos about sexuality, being gay/bi/queer and more. These have come out within the last decade and frequently are from the perspective of younger individuals. I … Continue reading
A very personal exploration of gender that looks at gender identity, gender roles and gender norms. Created by “A Bow Tie Kind of Guy.”
This is the first time a boy has been featured in a Barbie advertisement and he steals the show. I guess the barriers to boys loving toys formerly labeled “girls toys” is slowly being broken down. A step forward in … Continue reading
This is sure to get people talking which is, I suppose, the purpose of fashion campaigns. This campaign is part of the agender fashion movement. One of the fashion brands that is part of this movement is Acne Studios. Acne … Continue reading
Two cis gay men, Calum McSwiggin and Dion Yorkie, talk about how restrictive gender role expectations impact their lives. A very refreshing discussion and one more gay men should have.
A thoughtful look at gender and what it means to be male, female and non-binary. This video is more about a few people’s specific thoughts and experiences about gender and is not an attempt to throughly examine gender academically. I … Continue reading
In this interview filmed in, of all places Dubai, Jaden and Willow talk, among other things, about gender rules when it comes to fashion and how they are not using those rules in designing clothes.
This photo was first displayed here at The Meta Picture: http://themetapicture.com/when-a-little-kid-gives-adults-a-lesson-in-humanity/
This video uses Jaden Smith’s fashion choices as a springboard for discussing “how the ideas of masculine gender presentation have changed over the centuries and how the femininity of today was the masculinity of yesterday.”
Original graphic from http://gtfothinspo.com found on Pinterest — Resolution Upconvert by Fairy JerBear.
This video takes the silly gender roles many expect children to follow and applies those roles to the adult world.
While looking into different cultures that recognize more than two genders, I came across the remarkable Bugis people of Sulawesi, Indonesia. Years ago I lived across the Makassar Strait from Sulawesi on the island of Borneo known in Indonesia as … Continue reading
A look at the hyper-binary gender focus and why that is a social construct and harmful. Gender non-conforming behavior is only called non-conforming because of rigidly defined gender roles. Those artificial barriers are now being torn down leading to a … Continue reading
A very personal short film that examines the meaning of gender. If you haven’t given this a view, you really should.
It is refreshing to hear Susan Sarandon talk about being excited about the fluidity of gender. I’m not sure what she means by eliminating boxes but I think she means arbitrarily assigned roles and characteristics each gender has had to … Continue reading
Welcome, take a look at all my International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia Posts. Visit The International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia Website.
Gender role expectations – silly at any age.