Recognizing those fighting the good fight for human rights in Uganda.
Ugandan LGBTI and sex worker advocacy organizations are now accepting nominations for their 2015 Human Rights Awards.
Logo of Spectrum Uganda
The awards being sponsored by Spectrum Uganda and Youth On Rock, two Ugandan organization that both fight Aids and seek recognition of human rights for LGBTI Ugandans and sex workers.
Deadline for nominations is Nov. 29 via the groups’ Facebook pages, SMS, emails at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or via a toll-free number in Uganda — 0800100040.
Nominations are being accepted in these categories:
- Most outstanding male community activist
- Most outstanding female community activist
- Most outstanding trans community activist
- Outstanding community organization
- Freelance activist
Youth on Rock Foundation logo
Outstanding community mobilizer
- Outstanding public figure
- Most inspiring defender
- Upcoming strong activist
- Most active social media activist
- Most active social media page/group
- Outstanding 2014 community project
- Most successful event
- Incredible partner
- Outstanding service provider
- Outstanding entertainment group
- Outstanding hangout
- Most social…
View original post 182 more words